10 Awesome Things To Do In Northern Ireland This Week: 10th Apr – 16th Apr 2017
April 10, 2017 Chris Caldwell 0 Comments
The lads at the NI Tourist Board have supplied us with another stoater list of stuff to do this week. A great bunch of lads.
- What’s Happening at Carrickfergus Castle, Carrickfergus Castle, Co. Antrim, April 10 – 11. Visit Carrickfergus Civic Centre and talk to Historic Environment Division experts about recent discoveries, ongoing investigations and future plans for this internationally important archaeological monument. Full castle tours will also be available at 11:30 and 14:00 on both days with family fun activities including crown making and armour demonstrations.
- The Wedding Singer, Grand Opera House, Belfast, April 11 – 15. The year is 1985. Hair is huge, greed is good and rock-star wannabe Robbie Hart is New Jersey’s favourite wedding singer. When his own fiancée dumps him at the altar a seriously bummed out Robbie makes every wedding as disastrous as his own. Don’t miss your chance to join the party of the year – come to The Grand Opera House and see the musical that promises to get you up dancing faster than your Dad at a wedding, packed with songs which capture all the fun and energy of the Adam Sandler smash hit film.
- Easter Fun at Cockle Row, Cockle Row Cottages & Groomsport Harbour, Co. Down, April 16. Visit the picturesque setting of Cockle Cottage and enjoy a free family fun day from 14:00 – 16:00. Activities include Plant and Play Garden Workshops, Easter crafts, archery the ‘Tales of the Wild’ Animal Roadshow.
- A Night to Remember, Titanic Belfast, Belfast, April 14. Join Titanic Belfast on this commemorative evening as you are taken on a journey of reflection, reliving the story of Titanic through the eyes of those whose lives were shaped by her journey. During this 90 minute experience, guests will be escorted by guides to key points in Titanic Belfast and SS Nomadic where a heart-felt story will be told. There will also be a candle lighting ceremony at 11:40pm on the slipways, marking the time that the ship struck the iceberg.
- The Wheels on the Bus, Navan Centre & Fort, Co. Armagh, April 15. Join Bus Conductor ‘Charlie Smiles’ is waiting to click your ticket as you go on a ‘sing-along-a-journey’! Make sure you’re full of song as ‘The Wheels on the Bus Go Round’ but like all adventures something gets in the way! What could it be, well only one way to find out, hop on board and join in all the fun! This is a fun and interactive play with lots of audience participation, you’ll be moving and singing in your seats!
- Easter Celebrations, Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Co. Down, April 16 – 18. If you’re looking for a place where the whole family can work off those chocolate Easter eggs, then the museum’s range of traditional Easter activities is just the ticket. Have a go at the Great Egg Trail in the Folk Museum and the Eggstreme Egg Hunt in the Transport Museum. Don’t forget to bring your decorated egg to roll down Bleach Green Hill! You can even wear your Easter Bonnet to enter the Easter Bonnet Competition to win a prize!
- Early Times: Metals, Wealth and War, Roe Valley Arts and Cultural Centre, Derry~Londonderry, until April 15. Gold, jewellery, fine cloths, personal protection, battles for land, destruction of the forests and industrialisation. This exhibition by Council’s Museum Service explores the Bronze Age in the Causeway Region and displays many of the great archaeologist discoveries from the region.
- Variety Show, Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh, April 15. Are you ready for an Easter Extravaganza? Castle Archdale invite you and your little ones to the caravan park for a fun filled afternoon. At noon there will be a Treasure Hunt around the site with the winner going home with a bumper basket of Easter eggs followed by a Comedy Variety Show at 3pm. There will also be evening entertainment supplied by The Treblemakers.
- Ballymoney Spring Fair, Ballymoney Town Centre, Co. Antrim, April 15. Ballymoney Town will mark spring with an Easter Eggs-Stravaganza Spring Fair. A Fantastic fun day off live entertainment and Children’s Activities in Megaw Park, to include stunt displays, Punch and Judy Shows a free bouncy castle & assault course, face painting and much more. Ballymoney’s Castlecroft Square will see the return of the ever popular Artisan Market with a diverse mix of local produce, intricate gifts and exquisite Art and Ballymoney old vehicle club are holding a Motor Show at Joey Dunlop Leisure Centre grounds concluding with a Cavalcade through the town.
- W5 Goes Wild, W5 at Odyssey, Belfast, until April 30. W5 goes wild with a new augmented reality experience!From 1 April, the augmented reality technology will transport visitors to a range of exotic locales to meet some incredible (virtual) animals. Relax by a watering hole as elephants, rhinos and giraffes stop by for a drink. Chill out on the ice and meet polar bears, penguins and seals or stand at the oceans edge and watch as dolphins and whales swim by.