10 Awesome things To Do In Northern Ireland This Week (3-9 July 2017)
July 3, 2017 Chris Caldwell 0 Comments
DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10exciting things taking place this week (July 3-9).
1. The Dubai Duty Free Irish Open 2017, 4-9 July. Host Rory McIlroy will defend his title against Cabrera Bello, Hideki Matsuyama, John Rahm and Justin Rose at Portstewart Golf Club. And there’s more than just world-class golf to enjoy, with music from Two Door Cinema Club and Scouting for Girls.
2. Irish Open 2017 Fringe Festival, Portstewart, 5-9 July. The Crescent area will be transformed into a live music venue and outdoor cinema, creating a unique tournament atmosphere in the host town with fireworks and children’s entertainment. Midsummer Sessions, a spin-off from the popular Atlantic Sessions, will see over 30 musicians playing free gigs in bars, hotels, coffee shops and restaurants.
3. Family Festival at the Grand Opera House, Belfast, 4-6 July. The building will come alive with circus performers, face painters, balloon modellers, a treasure hunt and a unique opportunity to see behind the scenes of Northern Ireland’s oldest theatre.
4. Belfast Parkland International Golf Tournament, 3-5 July. The most prestigious three courses within the Belfast area, Malone Golf Club, Royal Belfast Golf Club and Shandon Park Golf Club have come together to offer this unique parkland international golf tournament.
5. Country Music Gala Cabaret & Dance, Newcastle, 6 July. The Burrendale Hotel will feature a galaxy of homegrown stars for an action-packed show, including Billy McFarland, Shaun Loughery, Eddie Carey, Tracey Mallon, Cowboy Larry, Farmer Dan and the fabulous BarryDoyle Band.
6. Lazy Sundays at The Argory, Dungannon, 2 July. Enjoy laid-back tunes and relaxation in the courtyard while the kids are entertained and feast on the summer BBQ.
7. Music by the Lake, Fermanagh, 8 July. Bring a picnic to Crom Estate for a rocking evening of ‘folkabilly’ tunes from local supergroup, the Hand me Downs. Relax by the shores of Lough Erne and enjoy a glass of wine on arrival.
8. The Celts take a ‘Swing’ at Golf, Armagh, 5-9 July. While the golfing warriors thrash out the golf in Portstewart, visit the Navan Centre and see if you’ve got what it takes to become a great Celtic Warrior, who used the skills of the ‘stick’ to perfect their skills, as warriors on the battlefield.
9. Launch Party: Open Studio Weekends at Margey’s Portrush Gallery, 7 July. Artist Adrian Margey is opening his studio and gallery space tothe public each weekend in July and August to showcase his summer collection.
10. Summer Music in the Park, Bangor, 9 July. Bring along family and friends, enjoy a picnic in Ward Park and take in the sound of The Salvation Army Brass Band.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.