10 Awesome Things To Do In Northern Ireland This Week: 5th-11th June 2017
June 6, 2017 Chris Caldwell 0 Comments
Tourism NI has put together a list of 10 exciting things to do in Northern Ireland (June 5- June 11)
- UK Pipe Band Championships, June 10. Over a 100 of the finest pipe and drum bands from all over the United Kingdom and Ireland will be competing for the coveted title of UK Champions on Saturday 10 June.This free, family friendly, all-day event attracts thousands of visitors.
- Bioblitz on Cuilcagh Mountain Park, Co. Fermanagh, 9June-10June. Across a 24-hour period, scientists, naturalists and members of the public work will together to find as many species as possible within the Cuilcagh Mountain Park. Admission charges apply.
- Summer Jam Strabane, June 7-June 11. The Blizzards (featuring RTE’s Voice of Ireland Coach, Bressy), The Academic and Ryan McMullan are among the scorching line up now confirmed for the Strabane event of the year. For tickets visit http://www.derrystrabane.com/Subsites/Summer-Jamm/Summer-Jamm
- Belfast International Photo Festival. 1 Jun – 30 June.This major photographic event celebrates some of the finest national and international contemporary photography across 30 museums, galleries and public venues.The festival includes exhibitions, talks, symposiums, workshops, screenings, masterclasses, portfolio reviews and tours. For ticket information visit http://www.belfastphotofestival.com/
- Mourne Way Marathon, Co. Down 10 June. Having established itself as one of Ireland’s premier off road running events the 2017 event is set to attract participants from across the world that will come to compete alongside fellow runners on this spellbinding route. Prices from £20.
- Foyle O-born festival 2017, Derry~Londonderry 10 June. A colourful feast of rhythm and light to delight young and old. The Playtrail will be transformed for one night into ‘Little Tokyo’ to celebrate Derry-Londonderry’s very own O-bon Japanese Festival with a whole evening of performances, music, workshops and exhibition. Keep the kids mesmerised with storytelling, face painting, Japanese games, manga drawing workshops and ninjas in the woods! For programme of events https://www.facebook.com/ObonJapaneseFestivals/
- “Open Book” Fair at Castleward, Co. Down, June 10- 11 June. Browse through thousands of quality used books and uncover a great bargain. There will be something for everyone from rare and vintage classics to children’s favourites. Normal admission – free for members.
- Danny Boy Jazz and Blues Festival, Co. Londonderry. June7-June 11. The best of local, national and international musicians will perform in venues in Limavady town centre. For tickets and timings visit http://www.dannyboyjazzandblues.com/
- Underhill Rose, Co Down 6 June. Harmonies, soul-touching lyrics, eye-catching stage presence – Underhill Rose has become synonymous with beautiful music The North Carolina trio earned a brand new legion of fans during their first ever tour of Northern Ireland in May of last year. Admission charges apply.
- Stand Up Paddleboard River Trail, Limavady 5 June. Want to try something unique, chilled out and super fun? Then Stand Up Paddleboarding is for you!Stand up paddleboarding is an ancient form of surfing with a Hawaiian heritage. Emerging as a popular and competitive global sport. The session is suitable for varying abilities. Admission charges apply.