10 Awesome Things To Do On New Year’s Eve In Northern Ireland
December 24, 2016 Chris Caldwell 0 Comments
New Year’s Eve is fast approaching, and so this week, Tourism Northern Ireland has compiled a list of the best ways to see in 2017 throughout Northern Ireland.
- Terri Hooley’s New Year’s Eve Hootenanny, Oh Year Music Centre, Belfast, December 31. What better way to celebrate the New Year than at Belfast’s Oh Yeah Centre with the man himself, Terri Hooley. Join DJs Terri Hooley, Stuart Bailie and Ian Morrison as they welcome in the good vibes of 2017 with world-class music and dancing. Ticket £10. Bar service, over 18s only.
- The Indians Wild West Buffet & Dance, Millbrook Lodge Hotel, Co. Down, December 31. The multi award winning Indians have been Ireland’s most successful show band for just over 40 years. The Wild West Buffet promises to be a night to remember with amazing food, drink and dancing with `The Indians’; Big Chief Geronamo, Sitting Bull, Crazy Horse, Long Arrow and Dull Knife. Dust off your dancing boots and get your tickets booked from hotel reception and rock the night away in the Millbrook Lodge Hotel, Ballynahinch.
- The Governor’s Ball, Crumlin Road Gaol, Belfast, December 31. Celebrate this New Year’s Eve in spectacular style at the Governor’s Ball at Crumlin Road Gaol. Enjoy a magical drinks reception followed by a superb four course dinner. There will be live entertainment (including a special guest) throughout the evening and plenty of dancing followed by a DJ. Black Tie event. Pre booking essential. To book call (028) 90 741500
- New Year’s Eve at Titanic Belfast, Titanic Belfast, Belfast, December 31. Join Titanic Belfast this New Year’s Eve to celebrate in style! Enjoy a fabulous cocktail on arrival and a light supper before dancing the night away in front of the stunning Titanic staircase. Ticket prices include a New Year’s cocktail on arrival, light supper, live band, a piper at midnight and DJ entertainment. Dress code is cocktail. To book, visit titanicbelfast.com/nye
- Hammer, OR:LA & More, Sugar, Derry~Londonderry, December 31. Head to Derry~Londonderry this New Year’s Eve and join Jika Jika! as it welcomes FMB’s Hammer and Hotflush’s rising star Or:la to the club on Shipquay street. 9pm onwards and strictly over 18s.
- Masquerade Ball, Malmaison, Belfast, December 31. Spend your last hours of 2016 enjoying the magical atmosphere of the brasserie, savouring the mystery of the well thought-out ingredients and move through to the Mal Bar where the stunning music, enchanting cocktails and fascinating company will carry you wistfully into 2017. Pre-booking essential. To book call (028) 96 001405
- New Year’s Eve Gala Ball, Manor House Country Hotel, Co. Fermanagh, December 31. Bid farewell to 2016 and welcome in 2017 with an evening of delicious food, fine wine and sensational entertainment at the Manor House Country Hotel’s New Year’s Eve Gala Ball. The evening starts off with a prosecco reception before a five-course meal to the sounds of live entertainment from ‘The Originals’ and a DJ after dinner. £55. To book call (028) 68 622211
- I Heart NYE, The MAC, Belfast, December 31. What better way to celebrate the year ahead than with some glitz and glam at the MAC and a good sing-song? Expect fizz, late night dancing, and live music in the foyer from house band ‘The Moonshines’. The venue will also be transforming their Upstairs Theatre into a karaoke bar, so you can honour the year that saw the passing of some of music’s finest and party like it’s 1999 (or 2016).
- Cinderella, Millennium Forum, Derry~Londonderry, until December 31. Looking a quiet New Year’s Eve day with the kids? Why not head to the Millennium Forum for the last performance of the year of its pantomime ‘Cinderella’. Packed with great song and dance routines, hilarious comedy, dazzling scenes and magical special effects, CINDERELLA is fun for all the family from 4-94!
- Midnight in Paris, Cabaret Supperclub, Belfast, December 31. Book a New Year’s Eve 2016 two-course meal and Midnight in Paris themed variety show at the Cabaret Supperclub. Ticket price includes an introductory singer and pianist, performances from the Burlesque Cotton Candies and resident drag artists, theatrical fire eating and contortionist, along with lots of audience participation! To book call (028) 90 249009.