10 Things To Do In Northern Ireland This Week: 26th June – 2nd July 2017
June 26, 2017 Laura Caldwell 0 Comments
DiscoverNorthernIreland.com has stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events. Here are 10 exciting things taking place this week (June 26 – July 2).
- Winged Wonders Butterfly Hunt, Craigavon, 1 July. Make a bee-line for Portmore Lough and join the RSPB NI team as they search for beautiful butterflies, darting dragonflies and damselflies in the reserve’s meadows.
- Lazy Sundays at The Argory, Dungannon, 2 July. Enjoy laid-back tunes and relaxation in the courtyard while the kids are entertained and feast on the summer BBQ.
- Cuilcagh Mountain Jeep Safari, Enniskillen, 2 July. Jump on board one of the Geopark Landrovers and explore the stunning scenery of Cuilcagh Mountain Park. Ranging from the rugged upland cliffs to the weathered limestone landscapes on the lower ground, this safari is a chance for you to experience and explore the patchwork of landscapes found on Cuilcagh Mountain. Booking essential (028 66 348855).
- Music City, Derry~Londonderry, until 27 June. The city becomes one giant performance space with music of all genres in the streets, squares, venues, churches and communities. Derry’s choral tradition is showcased throughout the festival on the main outdoor stages while the historic walls will feature performances from pipe bands, flute bands and trad musicians.Most events are free of charge and family friendly.
- Feux d’artifice: Équilibre et Espoir, Derry~Londonderry, 1 July. Fireworks Dance, Drama and Theatre Academy celebrate their fourth birthday with this exhilarating performance. An evening of inspiring entertainment awaits from over 100 energetic cast members.
- Derek Ryan Summer Concert, Slieve Donard Resort, Newcastle, 29 June. Irish country music’s golden boy has chart-topping albums, self-written smash hit singles, box office busting live tours and an army of faithful fans around the world.So dust off your dancing boots and get on down to Newcastle for a night of foot tapping country music.
- Belsonic, Belfast, various dates. Green Day, Axwell ^ Ingrosso and The Chainsmokers are headlining this week at Belsonic’s new venue, Ormeau Park.
- The Ladykillers, Lyric Theatre, Belfast, 10 June – 8 July. A celebrated black comedy tale of a sweet innocent old lady, alone in her home, pitted against a gang of criminal misfits who will stop at nothing.
- Naturally North Coast & Glens Artisan Market, Ballymoney, 30 June. Colourful art and crafts, the delicious smell and taste of fresh food produce and the sound of musicians providing a backdrop to the buzz of traders and customers chatting and laughing.
- Comber Historical Walking Tour, County Down, 2 July. Stroll through the home town of Thomas Andrews, designer of the Titanic, and discover points of historical interest on this guided tour. Visit St Mary’s Parish Church, the Comber Stones, the old Andrews Mill and Andrews Memorial Hall on your tour of this charming town.
For more information on these events or to plan a short break in Northern Ireland, visit www.DiscoverNorthernIreland.com.