10 Awesome Things To Do In Northern Ireland This Week (15- 21 January 2018)
January 14, 2018 Chris Caldwell 0 Comments
The awesome guys at the tourist board know there are stacks of fun things to do across NI, from family days out to gigs and cultural events every week. So here are their top 10 exciting things taking place this week (15- 21 January 2018)
- Living Collection Talk, Newtownards, 10 January. Join Castle Espie’s aviculture team to find out more about their range of collection birds, which are kept on-site. To book your space call 028 9187 4146.
- Charlie Landsborough, Belfast, 16-17 January. Join the Grand Opera House for a memorable evening of beautiful ballads, folk, blues, and country with the talented Charlie Landsborough. To book tickets visit goh.co.uk.
- Greg Davies: You Magnificent Beast, Belfast, 19 January. Following the phenomenal success of his sold- out 2017 tour, Greg Davies Cuckoo, Man Down and The Inbetweeners, is bringing his critically acclaimed tour ‘You Magnificent Beast’ to the Waterfront Hall. Tickets £27.50, book at Waterfront.co.uk.
- John Bishop: Winging It, Belfast, 17-18 January. Comedian John Bishop brings his ‘Winging It’ tour to the Waterfront Hall for additional dates after selling out in October. Tickets £38, book at Waterfront.co.uk.
- Have a Go at Hedge Laying, Newtownards, 20 January. Experience this traditional country skill through a practical workshop with hands-on tools ran by the National Trust. Under close supervision, learn how to extend the life of a hedge and make it more dense, but also stock proof. This event takes place at Horse Island, just off the A20 south of Kircubbin. To book your space and get more information call 028 4278 7769.
- Trevor Smith and Friends in Low Places, Lisburn, 19 January. This incredibly successful show pays tribute to country music legend Garth Brooks. The show is renowned for its impressive stage production, and the ‘Friends in Low Places’ band are considered one of the best country music bands in Ireland. To book tickets visit LaganValleyIsland.co.uk.
- Clay Pigeon Shoot, Derry~Londonderry, 20 January. Enjoy a day of clay pigeon shooting starting with breakfast at Browns Bonds Hill. The competition will then begin followed by drinks at Ardtara Country House Hotel, a prize-giving and a three-course dinner at Browns Bonds Hill. Tickets cost £85, to book call 028 7134 5180.
- David Meade at Portico, Portaferry, 19 January. In his funniest and most impossible show yet, mind reader David Meade, the first mentalist to win a Million dollars in Las Vegas, will blow your mind as he beats the odds and predicts the impossible. Tickets cost £17.50, to book visit Porticords.com.
- All Creatures Great and Small Loose Thread Quilters, Newtownards, 6-28 January. ‘All Creatures Great and Small’, presented by the Loose Thread Quilters, displays a varied range of styles and techniques both traditional and modern incorporating animals, wild and domestic, fish, birds and insects. On display at Castle Espie this exhibit is free to view.
- You Must Be Joking, Belfast, 20 January. Fun and laughter for all ages is guaranteed as four of Northern Ireland’s best known comedians take to the stage, featuring the ever endearing Jimmy Cricket, the first lady of Irish comedy May McFettridge, the simply irrepressible William Caulfield and master storyteller Gene Fitzpatrick. To book tickets visit goh.co.uk.